Learning to Tangle - Zentangle Inspired Doodle Art



Zentangle inspired flower art


Zentangle is an abstract drawing method created using repetitive patterns (called "tangles").

These structured and repetitive patterns are easy-to-learn, hence accessible to all, whether you are a beginner or an expert.

This art form provides a fun and relaxing way to unwind while creating beautiful art pieces. It is meant to be pleasurable and meditative.

I love the fact that it is abstract and supposed to be relaxing. It is also said to increase focus and mindfulness, all of which I need right now!

The Zentangle art images I saw online have been nothing short of intriguing and I was itching to try it out.

All it requires is a white piece of paper and pencil or black ink. There is no rule to it, and the creation of each piece of art is completely organic. NO eraser should be used to erase any mistakes.



Here's how it went with my first Zentangle.

Start with a border or a shape - in my case I started with a simple flower.


Then I darkened the borders and filled up the shape with "tangles". These tangles are composed of very simple shapes, such as lines, dots, circles or squiggles.






A few minutes each day over the course of several days... And I finally filled it up to my satisfaction.


The final piece. I like it better flipped upside down.



It is not a "true" Zentangle piece as there are probably too many patterns in one drawing. I will be trying out more tangle patterns soon and see how they turn out.

But I found doing this art to be extremely therapeutic. There is no rule to it, so I don't over-think the process and just do whatever I feel like. A few minutes each day was all that was needed. Whenever I have a few minutes, I would take it out and tangle for a while. And I really enjoyed looking at how the drawing progressed each time.

Comments

You might also like:

Braised Chicken Pumpkin and Mushroom Chinese recipe

Taipei - Shopping at Wufenpu and eat street food at Raohe night market

Mak Nyonya Beef Rendang Sauce review recipe

Ikan Bilis (dried anchovies) Stock recipe

Kids Craft - Folded Paper Drawings

Bishan Ang Mo Kio Park Pond Gardens and Playground - Nature with Kids

Minced (Pork) Meat Balls with Enoki Mushroom Soup recipe

CNY Chinese New Year Craft Ang Pow Lantern

CNY Chinese New Year Ang Pow Lucky Seven Star Lantern

Crispy Fried Enoki Mushroom Fritter recipe