Christmas Decorating Ideas and Pictures 2017 - Red and Gold


Our theme for this Christmas is RED AND GOLD.

I'm not such a big fan of red, but the kids have been asking me to do red for years... And I figured it is such a classic colour associated with Christmas that I just had to oblige. 

I didn't want to do a full-on red so I added some gold decorations from previous years

The highlight is always the Christmas tree - placed right in front of our front door. 


I love setting up the tree... taking my time adding layer by layer and looking at how it slowly comes together. 


I always start with the big items like ribbons, flowers, twigs and branches, then the kids would end off with the balls in various sizes. 



The gold star topper is from many years back. Unfortunately I couldn't find any large red topper that I liked so I had to make do with what I have. 


This butterfly has been making an appearance year after year. I just love it! 



All lighted up and so sparkly at night. 


We bought another box of lights to make the tree brighter. So we used up 3 boxes of lights altogether for our 1.8m tree. Now we are finally happy with its level of brightness :P


I made a Christmas wreath for the mirror in the dining area. 


With the addition of an angel. 


Instead of hanging the garland on the mirror like I did last year, I put it on the TV console this year. 


And I finally bought some new Christmas socks! Robinsons sale is really amazing - 50% off all Christmas decorations - fantastic time to stock up on these items! 


My kids' Chinese zodiac animals spruced up too! :P 


I hope you like it! :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

Comments

You might also like:

Braised Chicken Pumpkin and Mushroom Chinese recipe

Taipei - Shopping at Wufenpu and eat street food at Raohe night market

Mak Nyonya Beef Rendang Sauce review recipe

Ikan Bilis (dried anchovies) Stock recipe

Kids Craft - Folded Paper Drawings

Bishan Ang Mo Kio Park Pond Gardens and Playground - Nature with Kids

Minced (Pork) Meat Balls with Enoki Mushroom Soup recipe

Crispy Fried Enoki Mushroom Fritter recipe

CNY Chinese New Year Craft Ang Pow Lantern

CNY Chinese New Year Ang Pow Lucky Seven Star Lantern