CNY Chinese New Year Ang Pow Lucky Seven Star Lantern

It's only the beginning of January, I'm still in the midst of taking down all my Christmas decorations, and yet here I am making Chinese New Year decorations already!

The shops have already taken down their Christmas decorations and replaced them with Chinese New Year themes. They are starting to play typical CNY songs, and displaying all things red! It's crazy that Christmas had come and gone so quickly, and now everyone is getting ready for another big festive celebration.

I have collected a large collection of ang pow packets over the years and I'm always excited to make CNY decorations every year. I don't follow the Chinese traditions much but I just like to decorate the house with red and gold and follow traditional themes like fortune, wealth, luck, happiness etc... I will get down to doing proper spring cleaning of the house too, but right now I just want to make some lanterns. Lol

Today I'm going to show you my lucky seven lantern.





I used 14 ang pow packets. I folded the 4 corners so that they formed a diamond.


Staple 7 of them together to form a lucky seven.


Staple the other 7 packets together to form another set.


Then staple the 2 sets together to form a lucky seven star. My lucky seven has pink ang pow on one side and red on the other. Now I just need to add a string and hang it up.


I also made the traditional star lantern. The same method too. But these ang pow packets are shorter and you would need 10 only.




More to come soon
😀 

Comments

You might also like:

Braised Chicken Pumpkin and Mushroom Chinese recipe

Taipei - Shopping at Wufenpu and eat street food at Raohe night market

Mak Nyonya Beef Rendang Sauce review recipe

Ikan Bilis (dried anchovies) Stock recipe

Kids Craft - Folded Paper Drawings

Bishan Ang Mo Kio Park Pond Gardens and Playground - Nature with Kids

Minced (Pork) Meat Balls with Enoki Mushroom Soup recipe

Thermal Cooker Beef and Pumpkin Stew recipe

CNY Chinese New Year Craft Ang Pow Lantern

Crispy Fried Enoki Mushroom Fritter recipe