Salmon Corn and Peas Chowder recipe





We were out shopping one day when we came across a book fair. My son insisted on borrowing some money from me to buy something but refused to tell me what. He told me to go ahead and do my own thing while he stayed at the book fair to browse. I didn't think much of it till a few days before Christmas, he took out a nicely wrapped present for me...  *heart melt moment* 😍

Inside was 3 recipe books. It was the perfect gift for me. Despite all their argumentative devil-may-care attitude, he noticed that I like to read recipe books. I am also quite certain it was his first time wrapping a present, ever! So sneaky... But awww, my boys can be the sweetest sometimes!


I let him choose what he wanted me to cook based on the recipe book. And he chose this.


It looks simple enough.

As with all recipes, I like to change it up and adapt it according to my taste and what I have in my pantry at that point in time.




Salmon Corn and Peas Chowder

Ingredients:

400g salmon fillet
2 cups of frozen mix peas, carrots and corn
1 cup of frozen corn
1 onion - chopped finely
3 cloves garlic - minced
1 cup milk
2 cups chicken/ fish stock
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp fish sauce
salt and pepper
chopped coriander


Instructions:
  1. Melt butter in a large sauce pan, saute onion and garlic until softened
  2. Season salmon with salt and pepper, and brown them in the pan for short while
  3. Add stock and bring to a gentle simmer
  4. When the salmon is cooked, take it out and set aside
  5. Add the frozen mix into the saucepan, bring to boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes
  6. Blend half the soup to thicken (I used a hand-held blender)
  7. Flake salmon roughly, return to pan, add milk, season with salt, black pepper and fish sauce, gently heat through
  8. Add chopped coriander before serving




Thanks Son for this wonderful recipe. I'm sure I'll be making it again and again.




Comments

You might also like:

Braised Chicken Pumpkin and Mushroom Chinese recipe

Taipei - Shopping at Wufenpu and eat street food at Raohe night market

Mak Nyonya Beef Rendang Sauce review recipe

Ikan Bilis (dried anchovies) Stock recipe

Kids Craft - Folded Paper Drawings

Bishan Ang Mo Kio Park Pond Gardens and Playground - Nature with Kids

Minced (Pork) Meat Balls with Enoki Mushroom Soup recipe

CNY Chinese New Year Craft Ang Pow Lantern

Kuala Lumpur - Eating out with Kids - Pavilion Mall

Kids Craft - Easy 5 Ang Pow Red Packets Lantern