Our favourite Pineapple Tarts

Every Chinese New Year, I try to hunt down the best pineapple tarts. There are so many of these pineapple tarts out there and everybody seems to have a personal favourite. There are also lots of different versions nowadays; open-faced, closed tarts, cheese topped, gold-dusted, rectangular cakes, and numerous newer, more creative flavours.

In the quest to find our favourites, I have tried so many over the years and my waistline has suffered for it! 😝  Below is our family's favourite. And the few that I am willing to run an extra 30 minutes on the treadmill for.


1. Bake Inc


This has to be our favourite. My family likes the closed pineapple tarts with cheese as the cheese flavour is subtle, the pastry is buttery and melts in the mouth, and the pineapple jam slightly sweet. It's the perfect combination!

We always get them from Takashimaya during the CNY Fair. And they are freshly baked on the spot. When we purchased them, they were still warm from the oven and they smelled mouth-wateringly fragrant.





2. Kele


This comes a very close second. I like their open-faced tarts as they have a generous amount of pineapple jam with soft, buttery, flaky pastry. I later found out that they are the winner of a local mall's competition for the best pineapple tarts search. They definitely deserve the win as they are very yummy and more-ish!

I got them from their store at 2 Smith Street.







3. Olino's


We got this from a friend from Surabaya. This is my kids' favourite. They are small and goes in one bite. My little one can have a few of these in one go, and that's saying a lot! The crust is buttery but not as flaky as the Singapore version, the pineapple jam is not too sweet. I personally prefer the rich tasting tarts from Kele or Bake Inc, but my kids love this so much.













Comments

You might also like:

Braised Chicken Pumpkin and Mushroom Chinese recipe

Taipei - Shopping at Wufenpu and eat street food at Raohe night market

Mak Nyonya Beef Rendang Sauce review recipe

Ikan Bilis (dried anchovies) Stock recipe

Kids Craft - Folded Paper Drawings

Bishan Ang Mo Kio Park Pond Gardens and Playground - Nature with Kids

Minced (Pork) Meat Balls with Enoki Mushroom Soup recipe

Thermal Cooker Beef and Pumpkin Stew recipe

CNY Chinese New Year Craft Ang Pow Lantern

Crispy Fried Enoki Mushroom Fritter recipe