Christmas Decorating 2016


I am very much in the Christmas spirit this year! I started ordering Christmas decorations online way back in September and have nearly finished all the Christmas projects that I wanted to create this year.

The theme for this year is Silver and Gold - building up from last year's gold theme. I love this theme as it's classy yet super sparkly, especially when lighted up! 😀

I'm excited to show you the little corners of my house all decked out in their Christmas glory today.

The highlight - our Christmas tree. I love the glow when lighted up at night.






All the gold decorations were from last year. I just added on some silver ribbons, silver twigs and berries, silver and white flowers and some silver ornaments this time round.


My favourite item that I bought this year is the super sparkly "disco balls" full of mirrors that reflect light so beautifully.


Every year, I get one little something special for myself that fits in with the theme for the year. And this year I got this silver reindeer.


I experimented with a big Christmas topper this year. I added some silver twigs and branches, some gold and silver flowers to my star topper from last year.


The little white bird is my something special from last year.


I also tried my hand at making a Christmas garland to hang on the dining room mirror. We never had a garland before and it was a last minute project. I was thrilled at how pretty it turned out!


My "disco ball" hanging as a centrepiece. 😊





The rest of the house was decked out as well, with mostly stuff that we have had for many many years.

The Christmas socks and the boys' mini trees which they did up themselves a few years back. Somehow they managed to make their way on our TV console every year, despite the hubby's protests!


The coffee table looked a bit bare so I spruced it up with some red flowers entwined on grapevines and a strawberry scented candle.


To add a little festivity to the boys' room, we put up these silver snowflakes. The little one is always trying to grab them, although he's obviously much too short 😛


This is hanging on the other boy's room.


The boys added some gold to the kitchen door.



That is it! I hope you like the Christmas decorations tour.

I am still adding little bits and bobs to the house, and I'm still working on my Christmas wreath, which is turning out to be more difficult than I anticipated 😟  Once I'm finished with it, I'll post it up here.

Thanks for dropping by!



Comments

You might also like:

Braised Chicken Pumpkin and Mushroom Chinese recipe

Taipei - Shopping at Wufenpu and eat street food at Raohe night market

Ikan Bilis (dried anchovies) Stock recipe

Kids Craft - Folded Paper Drawings

Mak Nyonya Beef Rendang Sauce review recipe

Bishan Ang Mo Kio Park Pond Gardens and Playground - Nature with Kids

Minced (Pork) Meat Balls with Enoki Mushroom Soup recipe

CNY Chinese New Year Craft Ang Pow Lantern

Crispy Fried Enoki Mushroom Fritter recipe

Kids Craft - Easy 5 Ang Pow Red Packets Lantern