Kids Craft - Paper Mache Animals Painting

I snapped these up when I saw them on sale at the Popular Bookfest. They are made of sugarcane fiber, so they are environmentally friendly and non toxic. The texture is a bit like hardened paper, this means that they are easy to paint but yet more durable than paper. Perfect for my 3 boys!

I wished I had gotten more as they turned out to be such great fun.



The little one was the first to have a go at it. He chose the caterpillar obviously!


He insisted that the colours have to match his favourite caterpillar toy exactly.


The 2 older brothers quickly followed and painted theirs. The first layer was a breeze.
Here they are after the first day.



They were so excited to add on the accents on the second day. This is the fun part where they can blend and add on dots, stripes and whatever they fancy...


I also managed to work on the first layer of my butterfly.


We added some final touches and finished them off on the third day. 

I think we all did pretty well!


I discovered this wonderful product - Kamar Varnish, in Art Friend. It gives a non-yellowing protection to any oil, acrylic, or watercolour painting. It is a high quality varnish and supposed to improve durability.



I sprayed it on them... and Voila!

The colours seem to pop. They look so vivid now. Love it! 💜








Comments

You might also like:

Braised Chicken Pumpkin and Mushroom Chinese recipe

Taipei - Shopping at Wufenpu and eat street food at Raohe night market

Ikan Bilis (dried anchovies) Stock recipe

Kids Craft - Folded Paper Drawings

Mak Nyonya Beef Rendang Sauce review recipe

Bishan Ang Mo Kio Park Pond Gardens and Playground - Nature with Kids

Minced (Pork) Meat Balls with Enoki Mushroom Soup recipe

CNY Chinese New Year Craft Ang Pow Lantern

Crispy Fried Enoki Mushroom Fritter recipe

Kids Craft - Easy 5 Ang Pow Red Packets Lantern